Who doesn’t love chicken? If you are a non-vegetarian, it’s highly likely that you eat chicken most frequently. While the taste of chicken is amazing, the only boring part is cooking, as the recipes needed are complex and at times it can be a long procedure.
We have to agree that cooking chicken can at times be both labor intensive and time consuming.
What if we can show you few chicken recipes that will not only please the taste buds but also easy to prepare? Yes that’s true, we have pulled up 4 such recipes that is super easy to make and that to using simple home ingredients.
Here are the 4 simple and easy to make chicken recipes that you can make at home without using special ingredients.
1. Chicken Kali Mirch
The name of the dish is Chicken Kali Mirch, meaning chicken made with black pepper. As the name says (Chicken Kali Mirch), it’s clear and eminent that the main ingredient will be Chicken and Black pepper. Having said that there are few other ingredients as well that we will still need to make it look great and most importantly taste good.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make this tasty dish.
- Take 1kg of chicken
- 150gms curd (Yogurt)
- 1 table spoon of turmeric
- 1 ½ table spoon of Black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 20-22 garlic pieces peeled & minced
- 1 ½ onion minced
- 40gms of Coriander leaves minced.
- 1 small cup of coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish.
That’s the only Ingredient that we are going to use.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to jump on the procedure.
Procedure for Marinating:
- First take the chicken wash it clean.
- Then apply 150gms of Curd.
- Add 1 table spoon of turmeric.
- Add 1 ½ table spoon of black pepper.
- Add Salt as per taste.
- Add ½ table spoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all the spices along with the chicken and let it marinate for the next 15-20 minutes.
Procedure for Gravy:
- Take 20-22 garlic, 1 ½ onion and 40gms of coriander leaves.
- Grind all the mixture make it a green paste.
- Now heat the oil in an oval pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Then put the Green paste and 1 tablespoon black pepper.
- After that fry the paste for the next 8-9 minutes.
- Put the marinated chicken in it, and mix it well.
- Pour little water in it to soften the chicken and let it cook.
- Lastly cover the pan with the lid for 20-22 minutes.
Your dish is ready, garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it. You can have with Indian flat bread (Roti), Paratha or Mughlai paratha. It can serve 2-3 people.
2. Chicken Sukka (the simple way)
This is another Indian dish that is native to the state of Maharashtra in India. It is a Maharashtrian style dish that is extremely popular in Mumbai and other regions in Maharashtra.
The best part with dish is that, it taste’s awesome and does not require you to go through the complex process of making it.
Also, when you look at the dish, it will give you a feeling that, a lot of effort is needed to make this, but in reality it isn’t.
Let us take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make this tasty dish in very easy way.
- Take 800gms of fresh chicken
- Take 1 ½ onion chopped in block pieces.
- 1 small cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- 3-4 table spoon of dried coconut (Finely grated).
- 2 ½ tablespoon of ginger garlic crushed.
- 1 table spoon of Garam masala.
- 1 tablespoon of biryani masala.
- 1 ½ table spoon of red chili powder.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 table spoon of lime juice.
That is all that we will be using.
Now, lets us look at the Procedure to make this
- First take 1 ½ onion, cut it into block pieces and 1 small cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- Grind these two ingredients and make a paste.
- Now take a bowl put the chicken in it and add the green paste.
- After that put 2 ½ table spoon of ginger-garlic paste and 3-4 table spoon of finely grated dried coconut.
- Then add 1 table spoon of Garam masala.
- After that add biryani masala.
- 1 table spoon of red chili powder.
- Add some salt as per taste.
- Lastly put 1 small cup coriander leaves crushed.
- No need to marinate, Mix everything thoroughly.
- Now take an oval pan heat 1 table spoon of oil in it and then add 3 table spoon of butter.
- Heat the butter until it melts and then put the chicken in it.
- Mix it well so that the butter reaches out everywhere.
- Add some water in it to soften the chicken, and close the pan with the lid.
- Let it cook for the next 20-22 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Dish is ready garnish it with the coriander leaves and put 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
Your Chicken Sukka is ready to be served with Roti or any type of bread.
3. Chicken Kolhapuri
This is another Maharashtrian dish that can be prepared very easily by using limited Ingredients. Just like Chicken Sukka, this dish is also native to Maharashtra and makes use of coconut, which is typical of any flagship Maharashtrian dish.
Just like Chicken Sukka, this too promises to be tasty and satisfy your taste buds.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make Chicken Kolhapuri.
- Take 750 gms of Chicken
- 3 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- 10-12 tablespoon of coconut crushed finely.
- 2 tablespoon of coriander seeds.
- 2-3 pieces of cinnamon.
- 10 pieces of black pepper seeds and 5 pieces of cloves.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of dry fruit (cashew nut) chopped.
- 7-8 red Kashmiri chili.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- First, take 3 finely chopped onion.
- Then add 1 small cup of coriander leaves and sauté with 2 ½ tablespoons of butter in a pan on a low flame.
- Now, prepare a dry paste by grinding all the ingredients:
- 10-12 tablespoon of coconut
- 2 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 2-3 pieces of cinnamon
- 10 pieces of black pepper and 5 pieces of cloves
- 6-7 Kashmiri chili and 1 ½ tablespoon of cashew.
- Grind all the spices as fine as possible and don’t add water (the paste should be dry).
- Now add the dry paste on chicken evenly.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Then add some salt as per taste.
- Mix it well, make sure you apply the paste to chicken pieces evenly
- Now add the chicken into the pan.
- Stir and mix it well with the onion paste which was already in the pan.
- Saute it for 2-3 minutes and then add water accordingly for thick gravy.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Once the chicken gravy is cooked.
- It’s time to give tadka with butter/oil.
- Take a small pan and 2 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the pan and melt the butter/oil.
- Now put 1-2 Kashmiri chili broken in 4 pieces and mustard 1 small teaspoon.
- After the spices are fried, apply it on the top of the gravy and garnish it with the coriander leaves.
Your chicken Kolhapuri is ready to be served. Taste’s best with Indian Flat bread/Roti/Paratha (You use any form of bread if you don’t know how to make Roti).
4. Chicken curry
This recipe is similar to what you eat in hotel/restaurant.
In this recipe we will try to make hotel style chicken curry using simple home ingredients, yes that’s right, it’s possible to make hotel style curry at home.
But with any dish the secret is in the ingredients.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make hotel style chicken curry at home.
- 700 gms of chicken.
- 3-4 onion minced.
- 2 tomatoes minced
- 2-3 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander.
- Homemade garam masala 1 tablespoon.
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder.
- 1 ½ tablespoon Chicken King Masala
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- A medium cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt as per taste.
- First, take 3-4 onion, 2 tomatoes and 2-3 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste grind it well (Make a paste without adding any water).
- Then heat the pan with little oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Put the paste in it and add a handful of coriander leaves.
- Sauté it for 3-4 minutes
- Then add homemade garam masala, 1 ½ teaspoon of Kashmiri chili, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder,and1 ½ tablespoon Chicken King Masala
- Sauté it for 3-4 minutes and then add a medium cup of coriander leave finely chopped.
- After that add salt as per taste.
- Then add the chicken in it and sauté for the next 4-5 minutes so that the spices get applied evenly to chicken pieces.
- No marinating required for chicken, add 1-2 cups of water and close the lid to cook.
- Let it cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- At this stage, you have a choice of making it dry or with gravy. If you want dry chicken then you may cook with the lid open and if you want thick gravy you can close the lid and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Your hotel-style dish is ready to be served and you can have it with roti, paratha or naan.
Note: All the recipes above are main course and you don’t need any side dish to go with this.
Out of all the recipes above which one did you like the most? Do you have any recipes that you would like to share? Comment below.
Sharing is caring, feel free to share this recipe…
You May Also Like