When we talk about being healthy and keeping ourselves in good shape, salad is the first thing that comes to our mind and rightly so, time and time again raw food has proved its significance.
Salads not only helps you to keep the calorie intake in check but also keeps you full for longer duration and most importantly, it stops the craving for junk foods.
Furthermore, salads in your diet can do wonders when it comes to daily nutritional intake.
In a study conducted to understand the correlation with daily salad consumption, it was found that those who consume salad on a daily basis tend to have better absorption of vitamin C, E, and Folic acid (1).
Including tons of salad in your diet can be an excellent strategy to meet your daily nutritional needs.
Coming back to the recipe, we have compiled 5 powerful salad recipes that is not only designed to keep you full for long duration but also provide you with a blast of nutrition.
1. Boiled beans salad
First, on the list is boiled beans salad, as the name say’s we will be using boiled beans and other healthy ingredients to make our nutrient-loaded meal.
To make this salad we will need the following Ingredients:
- 2 cups mixed boiled beans
- Half cup spring onions sliced
- 3 to 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- One finely chopped cucumber
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- A Pinch of Chaat Masala
- Boil the beans (You Can take black chana, rajma, green Chana Or Sprouts – Depending upon your choice and taste)
- Let the beans cool down
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above
- Garnish it with coriander leaves
- Your tasty salad is ready, This is perfect if you are on a weight-loss mission.
This will keep you full for a longer duration.
2. Easy creamy fruit salad recipe
Next on the list is an “Easy creamy fruit salad”, this salad is a little high on calories and is designed to keep you full for a long time by using fruits and other supporting ingredients.
In this recipe we will combine the goodness of fruits with creams to make it tasty and look great.
For making fruit salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 ml fresh cream
- Half cup pineapple chunks (Pineapple cut into pieces)
- 1 cup Apple
- One and a half cup muskmelon
- 1 cup mango
- Half a cup mayonnaise
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey OR 1 tbsp sugar
- Half a teaspoon black pepper powder
- Pink Himalayan salt as per your taste
- Take a bowl
- Start by pouring the cream
- Add all the ingredients except the fruits in a bowl and mix it well
- Now start adding all the fruits one by one and mix it well
- Your creamy fruit salad is ready to be consumed
3. Fruit salad – non-creamy version
For those who don’t like the creamy version, need not be disappointed. You can make the healthier version of fruit salad.
Even though this salad is good to taste and looks great, it may not be able to keep you full for long duration as this recipe purely relies on fruits and only fruits.
Having said that, consuming these types of salads can play a vital role in fulfilling the daily nutritional need. With this salad you will get balanced content of Vitamin C, E and folates.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make your healthy Fruit salad.
- 1 cup pineapple cut into pieces
- 1 cup Kiwi
- ½ cup strawberry
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp Honey
- Mix all the fruits together in a bowl
- Add the dressing that lemon and honey we have prepared
- Mix it well
- Your simple fruit salad is ready.
4.) Chickpea salad
This is yet another recipe designed to take care of hunger, keep you full and help you achieve your daily nutritional intake (Vitamins, Minerals, and folates).
As the name says, this salad is dominated by chickpeas and supported by other healthy ingredients to make it tasty, look good and add nutritional value.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to make this healthy salad.
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- Half a cup finely chopped onions
- One small chopped tomato
- Half cup chopped Capsicum
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheese (You can take any cheese of your choice)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander for garnishing
- Chaat masala (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Start by adding chickpeas to the bowl
- Then add all the ingredients one by one
- Finally, add honey and mix all the ingredients well
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and your healthy salad is ready.
This salad is little bit high on calorie and can easily replace your onetime meal.
5.) Avocado Quinoa salad
The best has been saved for the last.
This salad has a blend of healthy fat, protein, and important vitamins, thereby making it a complete food.
This salad is dominated by Avocado and Quinoa supported by other key ingredients to make it look good, taste good and most importantly fulfill your nutritional needs.
Just like other salads above, making this salad too is easy.
To make this salad you will need, following ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa
- Half a cup chopped cabbage
- Half a cup olives
- Half cup Bell Pepper
- Add herbs of your choice (Preferably chopped coriander leaves and others)
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take a bowl, Start by adding Quinoa, followed by all the ingredients mentioned above
- Mix it well and your healthy salad is ready
Note: While All the salad mentioned above helps you to achieve your daily recommended nutritional intake, it may not be possible to achieve that in a single sitting. Try to have a balanced diet and make the salad a part of your diet to get the right results OR to stay healthy.
Sharing is caring, Pin this to Pinterest
You May Also Like