As the temperature soars in summer, sweat and fatigue kicks in. While water keeps you going, in the long run, you need to maintain proper electrolyte balance. Generally, athletes and sportsperson consume the energy drink in packaged form (It contains tons of sugar and has limited nutritional benefits). For them, it works well because they burn calories a lot faster than the average person.
During summer most of the drinks that are cold by nature makes an excellent fit for quenching thirst and keeping you hydrated with decent amount of electrolytes in it. An average person may have a better option on table than those sugary drinks which has very less nutritional value.
Here are some of the best drinks that you can opt for during summer, these drinks will not only quench the thirst but also keep you energetic and refreshed.
1. Unripe Raw Mango Drink.
This is a simple recipe just like Aam Panna, sweet and sour. If added soda instead of water it will make you feel like “mojito”. This is an easy recipe to prepare in the summer days.
- 3 Unripe raw mangoes.
- Mint leaves as required
- Black Salt ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder roasted 1 tablespoon
- Sugar as required to taste
- 1 piece of sliced lemon
- 200 ml of chilled water.
- Boil the 3 mangoes in a vessel and cover it with lid until it becomes soft.
- Once all the three mangoes are boiled, rest it for cooling for 2-5 minutes then peel the outer skin of it and remove the pulp in a bowl.
- Pour the mango pulp in a jar and crushed mint leaves as required. Then add the roasted Cumin powder along with the black salt.
- Add some sugar as per taste, slightly blend all the ingredients together, and after that add some water.
- Once all the procedure is complete now pour the juice in a bottle add some ice, place a sliced lemon on the surface of the glass and stir the mixture.
- Voila, your juice is ready to serve, this is a great way to quench one’s thirst in summer.
2. Jaggery Sweet Drink
Getting bored in summer days with your regular summer drink? Give Jaggery Sweet drink a try, this is the best drink to prepare at home to quench your thirst in summer season. Best of all its extremely easy to prepare with limited ingredients.
- 250gm of Jaggery (crushed).
- Lemon juice 2-3 table spoon
- 2-4 table spoon of basil seed.
- ½ tablespoon of black salt.
- 1 liter water.
- Boil the jaggery for 10-15 minutes until it dissolves.
- Soaked the basil seed for 25min.
- After the jaggery is completely dissolved pour it in a container add the soaked basil seed into it. Stir and mix it well.
- To give a little bit sour taste add some lemon juice (2-3 table spoon).
- Stir the mixture well and add some ice to it.
Drink is now ready to be served, this super drink will quench your thirst and keep you hydrated during summer.
3. Milk Soda
This is another quick and easy recipe that makes a perfect fit during the afternoon, evening, or at night. This Recipe is quite healthy and has a lot of health benefits as it has a lot to offer in terms of nutritional value.
Best of all its very easy to prepare, here is how you can get started:
- ½ cup of water.
- ½ liter Milk
- Rooh-Afza syrup (Sweetened Rose Syrup) 4-5 table spoon.
- Soaked Basil seeds
- Add some dry fruit if required.
- Boil the milk
- Add the Rooh-Afza syrup once the milk is Luke warm, make sure the Rooh-Afza is dissolved properly
- Refrigerate the milk until it is chilled
- Now add the soaked basil seeds
- Stir it well and add some ice
- Pour it in a glass and your drink is ready to serve.
4. Watermelon Juice (without seed)
This is an extremely easy drink to prepare in summer days, to quench thirst and keep yourself hydrated. Just like other recipes above, this too requires very few ingredients.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make this thirst quenching & energy loaded drink.
- 4/5 cups of watermelon (Remove the seeds)
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2-3 sliced lemon
- Sugar as required
- ½ table spoon of Black salt
- 1-2 tablespoon of basil seed
- 1-2 mint leaves
- Put Water Melon in a grinder, grind it thoroughly until it is liquefied.
- Once the watermelon is grinded and liquefied properly, add the lemon juice into it.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Add the soaked basil seed, this will add more refreshing taste to the drink.
- Once all the procedure is complete, pour the juice in a glass and stir all the mixture followed by adding some black salt.
- Put some mint leaves for garnishing, and your refreshing drink is ready to be served.
Note: Adding sugar is optional, instead you can opt for non-sugary version.
A recipe to make your day perfect by keeping you energetic and well hydrated. This is yet another recipe that is super easy to prepare in summer seasons.
- Few Mint leaves.
- Minimum 2 tablespoon of sugar or as per taste.
- 1 ½ table spoon Minced ginger.
- 3 table spoon of Lemon juice.
- 3-4 sliced lemon.
- ½ table spoon of Black salt.
- First crush the mint leaves and put it the mixer jar.
- Then add some sugar (as per the taste).
- Add minced ginger and lemon juice.
- Grind all the ingredients thoroughly until they are mixed properly.
- Once the above procedure is complete, pour the juice in a jar and then add the black salt and sliced lemon, don’t forget to stir it well.
“Viola“, your drink is ready, add some ice to it for making the drink more refreshing.
6. Falsa Drink
Having a craving for a refreshing drink in summer? Here’s a quick and easy to make a refreshing drink that is not only tasty but has tons of other health benefits too.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make this delicious drink.
- 2 cups of Falsa.
- 2 table spoon of sugar as per the taste.
- Ice cubs
- ½ table spoon Black salt
- 1 table spoon of pepper powder.
- 3-4 Mint leaves.
- First take all the Falsa fruit put it in a grinder.
- Add some ice and sugar in that grinder.
- Then add some mint leaves.
- Grind the mixture thoroughly until all the ingredients are mixed properly.
- Now pour the raw juice in a container filtering out the seeds and other hard stuffs.
- Once the liquid juice is extracted, pour it in a small jar.
- Garnish it with Mint leaves and put some black salt to taste.
Your sweet and sour drink is ready to quench your thirst in summer.
Note: Sugar is optional, you may use Jaggery OR Sugar Free as well.
7. Cantaloupe Drink
Cantaloupe is also known as Kharabooja in Hindi.
Just like Watermelon, Cantaloupe is also refreshing and offers various nutritional benefits. It not only gives you instant burst of energy but also boosts your immune system as it’s loaded with Vitamin C and Antioxidants that helps fight free radicals.
Just like other recipes above, this too is easy to prepare, let’s take a quick look at the ingredients to make this powerful drink.
- 2-3 cups of Cantaloupe (Kharbooza Melon)
- 2-3 tablespoon of sugar (Optional – You can take Sugar free OR Jaggery OR completely ignore this part)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ table spoon black salt
- 1-2 table spoon of basil seed soaked in water for 15 min
- 2-3 Mint leaves.
- First, cut the Cantaloupe into block size pieces
- Then put it in a jar, Add some water to liquefy quickly
- Add sugar as per the taste, followed by adding lemon juice
- Grind the mixture thoroughly until you have it in liquid form
- Pour it in a small jar, put some black salt, and garnish it with few mint leaves.
Your drink is ready to be served.
Note: For all the recipes above, sugar is optional. You can always use Jaggery, Sugar-Free, OR Stevia as an alternative to sugar.
Sharing is Caring, Pin this to Pinterest
You May Also Like