Feeling lazy to prepare dinner? Or are you thinking of a dinner idea that is not only fast and easy to make but also tasty? Here are some of the best dinner ideas, you can make these quickly without having to struggle too much.
We have put in 6 ideas to start with.
1. Mughlai Paratha
Mughlai Paratha is an extremely popular dish that is native to Dhaka. Actually it originated Dhaka during the Mughal era (1). This mouthwatering food is becoming popular across the globe these days.
Mughlai Paratha has many variations as different individual has different ways to make it. Having said that, the basic template remains the same.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make this mouthwatering dish.
- 2-3 cups whole wheat flour (Depending on how many you want to make)
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make the dough
Once you have the above ingredients ready, make the dough and rest it for 20 – 25 mins.
Now follow the below steps to prepare the stuffing’s.
- Take a Non-Stick Pan
- Add Oil (~ 2 Tsp)
- Put 1 Cup finely chopped onions
- You will need to add some Salt to Taste
- Keep Sauting it for a min and then add 3 green Chillies
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste (1 ½ Tsp).
- Mix it well
- Finely Chopped Capsicum (Half cup)
- ½ Cup Cabbage
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup cauliflower
- Cook for 4 minutes – Keep sauting it
Once you reach this stage, it’s time to add some spices for taste.
- Start by adding half a teaspoon garam masala
- Followed by adding below spices:
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Amchur Powder (raw mango powder) – You can use ½ cup Lemon juice instead of Amchur powder if you don’t have it handy
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- Add 150 grams of grated Paneer (Cottage cheese)
- Saute it well and cook for 5-6 minutes
Your filling in now ready.
Let’s move onto next step i.e. to make our Mughlai Paratha
- By this time your dough would have rested enough (Make sure to rest the dough for at least 20 mins)
- From the dough start making small ball sized dough
- Dust it with wheat flour and start rolling it
- Roll it nice and thin so we can add our fillings.
- Add about 2 tablespoon stuffing
- Fold the stuffing’s from all the sides.
- Press gently to expand the filling and roll it lightly so that the filling does not come out.
- In your Non-Stick pan add ½ Teaspoon butter OR Ghee (Clarified butter)
- Now put the paratha in the pan and cook both the sides
- Make sure you flip and cook both the sides nicely
Your Mughlai Paratha is ready, serve it with green chutney.
2. Easy Paneer Masala
Who doesn’t like that amazing taste of Paneer (Cottage cheese)? If made in a proper manner, the taste can be so satisfying, especially for vegetarians.
Second recipe on our list is Paneer masala. While this may look overwhelming to make, in reality its super easy.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make delicious Paneer Masala in simple and easy to follow steps.
Ingredients Needed for Marinating:
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 200 Grams Paneer
Once you have the above ingredients are ready, take a pan and heat it.
- Start by adding 1 tablespoon ghee (also known as clarified butter) in a pan.
- Followed by adding other ingredients above, mix everything well and then add Paneer.
- Keep stirring it and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame.
You Paneer is ready, keep it aside. It’s time to make a gravy.
To make the gravy, follow these simple procedure:
- Heat the Pan
- Add one tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Followed by one tablespoon oil
- And then One teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Let it crackle, while that crackles and changes the color add 4 cloves
- Add one and a half inch Cinnamon Stick
- Next, add 4 Dried red chilies
- Take a pinch of Asafoetida(Hing)
- Add two cardamoms, make sure you split cardamoms.
- Add 2 Bay Leaves
- Sauté them for 2 minutes
- Now add 3 Onions, finely chopped
- Add some salt as per taste
- Sauté the mixture and cook until it turns translucent
- Now add ginger garlic paste
- Mix it well
- Put Kashmiri Chili Powder about 2 tablespoon
- Add 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- Followed by, ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- And ½ Teaspoon garam masala
- Also add, 1 Tablespoon roasted Gram flour
- Mix it thoroughly while it cooks (do this for 3 minutes)
- Add Tomato Puree made up of approx. 5 tomato’s
- Mix it well, cover it with Lid
- Cook for next 5 minutes
- Take the lid off, add 5 tablespoon curd
- Mix it well, cover it with lid and cook it for next 3 minutes
- Take the lid off and add 3 green chilies (slit)
- Now add approx. 1 Teaspoon Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasturi Methi)
- Mix it thoroughly, let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4th cup of water
- Let it cook for 4 minutes
- Now add the Paneer which we had cooked earlier
- Mix it well, cover it with lid and let it cook until the oil separates
- Put some coriander leaves on it for garnishing.
Your Paneer Masala is ready to be served. It goes well with Indian Flat bread or any type of bread.
3. Sprouted Khichdi
We all have eaten khichdi and some find it boring, while others find it tasty. If Khichdi is prepared in a proper way it can only be tasty but act as a healing food.
While traditionally Khichdi is made with rice and dal, today we will learn how to make Khichdi with daliya and sprouts.
To make this high fiber khichdi you will need following ingredients:
- One Cup Barley
- 1 cup sprouts
- One Sliced Onion
- 1 cup chopped Tomato’s
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt as per taste
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Half teaspoon red chili powder
Once you have all the Ingredients ready, follow these simple steps to make sprouted Khichdi.
- Heat the cooker on stove
- Add Olive oil let it heat for approx. 25 seconds, the add cumin seeds
- Let the seeds crackle a bit, post which add the sliced onions
- Let the Onions cook until its translucent
- Next step is to add Barley and roast it
- Add one tablespoon ghee (Clarified Butter) and mix it well
- Now add sprouts, Tomato’s and 4 cups of water.
- Add salt according to your taste, followed by Red Chilli powder, Turmeric Powder & Garam masala.
- Mix it well
- Now cover the cooker with Lid and cook until 3-4 whistles
- Turn off the flame and let the cooker lose steam on its own.
- Open the lid, stir everything well.
Your High fiber, healthy sprouted Khichdi is ready, this can serve up to 2 Individuals.
4. Garlic Potato
Who doesn’t like the potato? It can be very addictive. Potato’s taste’s awesome and there are many dishes in which Potato’s has great significance. Today you will learn how to make garlic potato.
It’s a simple dish that is not only easy to make but also tasty. Rather than making a plain potato fry, try this.
To make this tasty recipe you need limited ingredients, let’s take a quick look at it.
- 3 medium Potato’s
- Salt as per taste
- Half a Teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Half a teaspoon chili flakes
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoon water
- Half a cup tomato Puree
Once you have all the above ingredients ready, it’s time to prepare it.
- 3 medium potatoes In small pieces, try to keep the size same
- Take a pot add some water and a pinch of salt and boil the water.
- Add half cup of Tomato Puree And stir it well
Garlic Potatoes are ready. It goes well with Indian flat bread or any type of bread.
5. Aloo Palak
Here’s another dish that is dominated by potato. When the goodness of spinach is combined with the awesome taste of potato the end result is a dish that makes you lick your fingers.
This dish is healthy as well as tasty.
To make this you will need following ingredients:
- 10-12 Small size potatoes
- 500 Grams Spinach
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Green chilies (You can increase or reduce the quantity based on how hot you want)
- 3 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds
- 3-4 Dried red chilies
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Also known as hing)
- 10-12 cloves, finely chopped garlic
- Half an Inch finely chopped ginger
- 2 Finely chopped Onions
- Half tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander
- Half tablespoon garam masala
- Half Tablespoon Kasuri Methi
- Cut 10 to 12 small potatoes into bite size pieces and Cook it in cooker until 3-4 whistles
- Take 500 grams spinach (Washed thoroughly)
- Add some water in a pan, put a pinch of salt, let the water boil, add the spinach and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes
- Let the spinach cool down, separate the water from spinach
- In a mixer grinder, add the spinach and 2 to 3 green chilies, grind it thoroughly
- Take a pan add 2 to 3 tbsp of ghee
- Once the ghee is heated, add the potatoes
- Fry the potatoes until you see mild Golden spots
- Take the potatoes out and keep it aside
- On the same pan, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds, 3-4 dried red Chilies, 2-3 Bay Leaves and a Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- Saute the mixture for one minute
- Now add 10 to 12 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Add half an inch chopped Ginger
- Add 2 chopped onions
- Cook until the onions turn translucent
- Now add half a tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- Add 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Stir it nicely add cook the masala for 1 minute
- Now add spinach puree to the masala
- Add one glass water and stir it well
- Add some salt to taste and mix it thoroughly
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes on low-medium flame
- Remove the lid and mix it well
- Now add the potatoes which we had cooked earlier
- Add half a tablespoon of Garam Masala
- Half a tablespoon of kasuri Methi
- Mix it well and cover it with lid
- Let it cook for 5 minutes
- Remove the lid and mix it well
Your tasty aloo Palak is ready. It goes well with Indian flat bread or any type of rotis or breads.
6. Paneer Bhurji
Paneer is also known as cottage cheese, it is delicious to taste and a primary choice for vegetarians. We all know of egg bhurji and how delicious it is but unfortunately, vegetarians don’t get to enjoy the taste.
Paneer makes an excellent alternative to eggs and taste’s similar to egg bhurji when prepared using the same ingredients.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make Paneer Bhurji
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 1 Finely chopped green chili
- 1 Teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Half Teaspoon Chili powder
- Half Teaspoon garam masala
- 2 to 3 cups crushed paneer (Also known as cottage cheese)
- 1 Teaspoon crushed kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Take a pan heat it
- Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- Once the oil is heated, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and roast until it turns mild Brown
- Add one finely chopped onion
- Add 1 finely chopped green chili
- Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Saute the mixture well
- Now add one finely chopped tomato
- Keep sauteing the mixture until it turns nice and soft, make sure everything blends together
- Now add half a teaspoon chili powder
- Followed by half a teaspoon turmeric powder, Half teaspoon Garam Masala
- Add some salt to taste and mix the masala’s thoroughly in low-medium flame
- Now add two to three cups crushed paneer (also known as cottage cheese)
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi Followed by 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Mix it well and cover it with Lid.
- Turn off the gas after 1 minute and let it simmer
Your delicious paneer bhurji is ready.
Out of all the 6 recipes above, which one did you like the most? Feel free to comment below.
Sharing is Caring, Pin this to Pinterest
You May Also Like